Tuesday, December 22, 2009

update...


I have been putting off this update for too long-for those of you who follow this blog-you'll remember me sharing how I was headed to Ghana with Compassion...member? well, that is where the update comes in...the trip got cancelled!! to say I was shocked, dissapointed, confused, ALL would be an understatement! I wrestled with God on going, then I finally say yes, and BAM-things change. I am learning that sometimes my plan doesn't always look like Gods, yes, I know-I am 31 and I should know that by now...but I am a slow learner! Why this happened I am not sure, was I just supposed to say yes, was God testing me, did I hear God wrong, and ultimaly, what do I do now?! With $2800 of sweet sweet friends and family's money-do I just give it all back?! Do I go to Disneyland?! Nah-just kidding on that one...maybe :) Or do I continue to step out in faith, trusting that when God puts a desire for the people in Africa on your heart that he will open a door, even if a few doors get slammed in your face before you get there? Well, to make a long story even longer...I chose the latter, after discussing it with ALOT of people, including Nate, my parents, my pastor, my sponsors, etc. I am headed to Sudan-yep..C-R-A-Z-Y. I'm trying not to think about the fact that we will have no running water, bugs, weird food-ya'll know how picky I am!-and concentrating instead how this trip will rock my world, I will meet amazing people and see amazing things all done by the hand of God. I don't leave until April and will be going with Prestonwood Church & e3 ministries. It will be interesting! I guess God never said this ride would be boring :)

No comments: