Monday, December 14, 2009

our blog book...finally!

i finally finished our blog book from blurb-it took fooooorever to finish! seriously, like months! yes you can "slurp" it, but you still have to choose layouts, font, etc so it is pretty time consuming, BUT it was worth it! I had a hard time deciding on the title, and I wanted timeless images for the front/back cover-so I went with a few of the beach shots from that year. I think it turned out great! I love it sooo much! I still have to do 2007 and hopefully in the next few months I will do 2009...but 2008 is DONE! It is huge! 366 pages and it is 13 x 11. Pretty big. I toyed with the idea of getting two, one for us and one for Chloe, but all I could picture was Chloe getting married...moving out and her husband looking at me like a crazy person when I showed up at their new place with a U-Haul full of blog books! :) So, we stuck with one! Plus...they aren't exactly super cheap!

back cover
a couple examples of pages...


the title page



7 comments:

Rosemond said...

I love it! I've been researching companies that do this, so I'm glad you have first hand knowledge of quality, etc. Your book looks great!!

Shae said...

So cute! It took me forever to do our 2008 book - and I only blogged that year from August until January! So I have been dreading the 2009 book! But you are right- SO WORTH IT! Can you start it before the year is done and then slurp more as the year progresses? That would help. Let me know if you know the answer!

Jaime said...

I started and never finished...have to do it...I LOVE YOURS~!!!!

mstephen said...

Wow Court, that is super nice! I love it...you are such the creative person!

Amber Massey said...

LOVE this! Can't wait to do one for my little one someday in the future when I am blessed with a little one...hopefully as cute and adorable as Chloe

MelissaC said...

I love this! What a great idea. Bring it when you guys come in for Christmas. I want to look through it. I love the front and back photo's. That one of her and Kolby is one of my favorites!

Kimberly said...

i love it! i am having one made from a lady that does them...i didn't think i had time to do one myself. i can't wait to get it. it's from 2008 too. i hope i can get all of them done one day too. i'd love to see yours!