Monday, August 4, 2008

the backpack saga

So all summer I have been searching for the perfect backpack/lunchbox for Chloe to start preschool in the fall.  Has anyone else had a hard time finding cute backpacks?! I mean-they are either WAY to big-or too small! She needs to be able to fit a folder, diapers and more "stuff"-so even these cute ones are too small...

so I decided on one at pottery barn, with matching lunchbox and figured I'd monogram it and make it a bit cuter

so when I finally went to order it...THEY ARE OUT!!! I think they have been discountinued...lovely!!

So...onto choice #2

I found this cute one a few weeks ago-didn't order it right away (not smart) and decided to order it today...


cute right?! UGHHHHHH!!! It is backordered until September 28th...lovely since Chloe starts the beginning of September!!!


So...today when we were at the mall with the Taylors we saw these at Gymboree


They were cute...but I wasn't immediately wowed-the price was great-on sale for $20 and the lunchbox was only $10 PLUS I had a 20% off coupon! Problem was-neither one screamed "Chloe" to me! The apples were cute-but Chloe isn't really a "red and blue" little girl, and the pink was cute but it was pink leopard, which made me think of an older girl.  So after realizing choice #2 was out I decided to look again at the Gymboree website and guess what!?!?! I found it!!! THE backpack for Chloe!!! 

It is perfect right!?! Oh yea....AND OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHH!!!! I was not about to give up-this was THE one-it goes perfect with her napmat: 

and its so Chloe! So after calling 9 stores in the area...and being laughed at because "we've been out of the dot backpack forever-everyone wants it" I found one on dispay at Valley View!!!! My next call to Preston/Park got me the lunchbox!!!  (although they were very curious how I was able to find the backpack since they had called all stores that day looking for one!) Ha!!! I win!!!  And so does Chloe! See...



she put it on and walked to the door and said "Bye!" She also wanted to keep the backpack on during dinner but she couldn't fit in her chair with it on...so we settled for holding onto our new lunchbox during dinner!! 

Ahhhhh...I think I will sleep well knowing that the backpack crisis has been averted! Phewf!

4 comments:

ashleigha said...

That backpack is adorable!!! Glad you found the one you wanted. It seems to fit her personality to a tee.

TEAMMA said...

soooo cute!! what an ordeal to get a back pack.. you are very dedicated!!

mstephen said...

You are hysterical, they are cute! And Chloe and Bella have the SAME napmat!! Bella has the dress that matches it too! I will have to pass it to Chloe so she can be miss matchy, matchy!

jrodges said...

You know it just makes me feel so glad that I am not the only person who goes all over kingdom come to find just the perfect bag :).
It took me a long time to figure out what diaper bag I wanted for Presley and then I finally found a lady who made very cute fru-fru bags and bought two of them :).
I am glad you found just the right back-pack for Chloe... she is going to really appreciate having a mommy like you when she is able to really understand all the things you do to make her life extra special!