Tuesday, December 11, 2007

my lovely stove

Yesterday we hosted the playgroup at our house, easy right? Wrong!!! The morning started out smooth, Chloe went down well for her morning nap, the house was clean and I had already made the chicken pot pie-I just had to bake it! So-I did! That also went smoothly...until I couldn't turn off the oven! No joke-could not turn off the oven!!! Scary right?!?! I mean...here is my oven and its like 400 degrees and no matter what I do it will not stop heating! At this point we have two guests already here and I'm having visions of the house burning down!!! Luckily, Brynn was smart enough to suggest just turning the breaker off! Duh! Thank goodness she knew what to do! So...I just was reminded that you can't have control of everything! Thanks for the reminder God! We also went to the Men of Tuesday dinner at church tonight and in the tradition of good ol' southern baptists it was a covered dish occasion..LUCKILY my oven worked just fine! Phewf! Here is a picture of the crew at playgroup...minus Hallie who left early!!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am so sorry we missed it. Mandy said it was very fun and the lunch was great. Anyway I want to come see your house and scrapbooks very soon. Maybe next week or after the holidays.
Oh and so glad no fire!!