Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Calling all friends, strangers, blog stalkers, etc! I NEED YOUR HELP!!


This coming January I will be fulfilling God’s will in Ghana, Africa! That’s right, as crazy as it may sound, I will be going with Compassion International to work with the Child Development Centers in Ghana sharing God’s love with Compassion children. Compassion International is a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty. Families around the world sponsor more than one million individual children in over 25 countries. Our family supports two of these children, one a little girl named Pinky who lives in India and a little boy named Ebenezer who lives in Ghana. We correspond with our sponsored children & pray for them daily. Chloe loves receiving mail from our children and sending them pictures that she draws. The most exciting part of my trip will be when I get to meet Ebenezer and spend the day with him! He is five years old and loves to play soccer. Like many children in Ghana he lives in extreme poverty in a country that battles malaria, HIV/AIDS, and malnutrition. Through our sponsorship Ebenezer is provided with Bible teaching, health care, food, clothing, schooling & more. It is a wonderful ministry that truly glorifies God and shares His love.

If you feel the Lord leading you to support this mission through prayer and/or financial support it is greatly welcomed! The full cost of my trip to Ghana, Africa is approximately $3800 and I must have all of my funds in by October 16th. I have half of my funds raised so far so please, if you feel God tugging at your heart please email me!! ANY amount is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much to all of my friends & family who have so generously given to this mission! I appreciate you SO much!

If you wish to contribute through prayer, please pray for

The children in Ghana will feel the love of Jesus Christ

That the kingdom of God will come alive for these children while we are there

The safety of our trip

That above all the Lord’s will will be done and His name glorified

If you wish to learn more about Compassion International and sponsor a child, please visit:

http://www.compassion.com

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:37-40

No comments: