Monday, June 1, 2009

wowsa!



you wanna know something crazy?! okay...sit down for this one...I made it to Starbucks Sunrise this morning! HA!!! Some of the girls and I met for the first time this morning at SIX AM at Starbucks to start our day off with, well GOD! What a great way to start the day off...my dear friends, starbucks coffee & my God! our intention is to be REAL with each other AND slow down & stop and take the time to listen to God-it happens to be pretty quiet even at starbucks that early in the morning so its a little easier to "hear" Him!  :) anyways-thank you sweet becca for organizing and bringing us together this morning.  When I got home I thought about the lyrics to a song that I felt pertained to our little group...

She takes off her hallow and throw’s it on the floor
Puts her lipstick on and walks out the door
Looks up at the sky and cries “God when you gonna rain on me”?

Well we all got stories here in this place
But we hide them well with the smiles on our face
But if you listen closely there’s an aching in
Everyone’s halls

And I have been running so long
I forgot what I was running for
And you’ve been crying so long
You forgot what you were crying for
I’ve been running so long
I forgot I was running to You

oh yea-and if you don't know Phillip LaRue-OMG-go now to iTunes & get his album...you'll love it i promise! :0

3 comments:

Rebecca Zappasodi said...

That sounds crazy... Who in their right mind would wake up that early??

Jaime said...

ugh, sounds like a fabulous way to start a day. i'm jealous. everything seems to just get a positive jumpstart when God comes first even in your day. :)

Brenna said...

How refreshing!!!