Saturday, June 20, 2009

a camping we will go


thats right...camping! those of you who know me, know that I AM NOT a camper. growing up my dad would put our tent up in the backyard and me, my dad & sister would haul out the tv, nintendo, snacks, etc and "camp". Nate, on the other hand, grew up camping with his family ALL the time...like for real camping. So Nate has been wanting to take me camping for a long time so I finally decided to surprise him with a camping trip for fathers day. Okay, maybe I should call it a "mini-camping trip" but still...for me...it was camping! we went to The Vineyards Campground in Grapevine...a whopping 10 minutes from our house & went for only one night...baby steps right? But guess what...I did it & I actually enjoyed it!! And best of all...Chloe LOVED it! She kept looking at us saying, "I camping! Daddy, I really camping!!!" Oh she melts our hearts...just like those tasty smores! :)


peeky boo!
having a snack from her cooler...which she kept calling her "case"
mommy & chloe
playing on the playground
feeding the ducks
ah! thats my girl, smiling & posing mid-throw!
we called her the "duck lady" because they kept following her!
the view from our tent


mmm...hot dogs!
my two fav people

playing with her "lamp"
roasting marshmellows
mmmm!
one hot, sweaty, tired little camper! thank goodness we had a fan in our tent!
the next morning!

chloe kept carrying around this stick and calling it a dog & talking to it....oh the imagination of a two year old!
being silly on our walk!
fishing!

1 comment:

Shae said...

Oh my goodness- Chloe is TOO much! What a great gal!