Friday, January 2, 2009

chloe and her big girl bed!




on the way home from houston, nate and I decided to  try chloe out in her new big girl bed.  i had bought the bed months ago in round top and we were just waiting till sometime after christmas to do it all.  i had been kind of dreading the idea of a big girl bed because Chloe normally wakes up around 8 and plays very happily in her bed until around 9:00-and at night we lay her down around 8:30 and she plays and sings until she finally falls asleep.  I was terrified that when put her in her bed that she would wake up differently or just get out even with the siderails on! Okay-so back to my story...we got back from houston and I went and bought her bedding which I had luckily already picked out from Target-ya'll know how much I LOVE Rachel Ashwell...did I tell you she ate my cupcakes!!?? Well, that is a whole 'nother story! so that evening we put it all together and she could hardly wait to get in it! As soon as we laid her down for real, we ran out of the room to watch her on our new flat screen Chloe-TV! It is the best entertainment anywhere!!! She looked around and then started talking to her baby, read books and finally fell asleep! Same thing in the morning-woke up, talked to baby and read her books until I came in to get her!!! Thank you Jesus!!!! I was so relieved!!! So far she has yet to realize that she can totally get out towards the end of her bed! We'll see how long that lasts, tonight will be the 5th night so I will keep you posted!! Although I love getting to jump in to bed with her to read in the mornings...I will definitely miss seeing her standing up in her crib every morning! :(
a picture of her new bed! (you can slide the rail under the mattress so thats why you can't see it)  and we still need to put the dust ruffle on so that you can't see her changing pad under her bed! oops!

chloe-TV!



3 comments:

jrodges said...

Precious! I know Chloe will love being in her big girl bed :)
It took Presley a week to figure out... "hey I have some freedom" but fortunately she never really had taken full advantage in a bad way.

Dunhams said...

Her big girl bed is SO pretty! I'm so glad she's doing so well in it :)

Kendall, Angie, Grayson, Jessie and Tazzy said...

her room looks great! i am curious about the chloe tv. is it a video monitor? that is awesome!