Wednesday, May 19, 2010

back from southern sudan!

I'm back and I already wish I could go back today and take each one of you with me to experience the amazing humbleness, joy and hope that the people of Southern Sudan exude! I learned so much from their faith. We were able to go everyday and visit a village where a church had just been planted which was called "Rockway". Many of the people in the village were not believers but were very anxious to hear about God and many received Christ while we were there as well as get baptized! One particular person who I will never forget was Michael, a small store owner, who told me that he had been waiting to hear about God and was so glad that we had come to share the good news with him. Over the next few days me and my partner, plus our two amazingly awesome translators were able to disciple Michael & teach him how to use the Evangecube to share the gospel with others at his store. You could truly see the Holy Spirit begin to work in his life. Michael allowed us to stay at his store for hours everyday to share the gospel with everyone who passed by. It was so amazing to see God work in such a big way! Please pray for Michael as he continues to share the gospel with other villagers, begins to attend Rockway Church and begins to find other items to sell at his store besides brew & cigarettes to support his family.

Thank you guys for praying for me as well as praying for my family as I was away!
God is GOOD & so are ya'll!! Here are a few pics and a video!



Photobucket


Untitled from Courtney Christianson on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Kendall, Angie, Grayson, Jessie and Tazzy said...

breathtaking. nothing more to say

jrodges said...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures! I want to go!!!

ashleigha said...

Wonderful!!!!!