Monday, July 20, 2009

from the outside looking in...


many of you know how passionate I am about Compassion International, we sponsor two children...one in Ghana & one in India. It is an amazing organization that does amazing things in God's name. I am excited about an AWESOME opportunity that God has in store for me through Compassion...but more on that later...

FOR TODAY...

let me just break your heart...here is a portion of today's post from the Compassion blog...I couldn't help but share...

“Along the wall outside the Compassion project, many children watched and waited while the other children played and sang. With hundreds and thousands of children needing the hope that Compassion brings, our hearts broke to see the ones that could not be helped. Hundreds more are waiting for their chance to be sponsored, to be given hope, to be shown the love of Christ.” —

If you are interested in sponsoring a Compassion child PLEASE, PLEASE consider it! You can change a life with just $38 a month. We pray for our Compassion children every day and we correspond through letters and pictures. You can learn more about sponsoring a child by visiting http://www.compassion.com Okay...I'll get off my soapbox...at least for today! :0

1 comment:

Jaime said...

that's so neat that you guys do that. Kyle and I heard a sermon a few months back that caused us to want to do something too. We weren't doing anything to really help the poor and that is a theme thru-out the Bible. We NOW sponsor a family in Romania through World Vision. I like how you read their blog...I need to do that more and keep up better. Thanks for the inspiration, C!